Welcome

I am writing this Blog in a Hope that it will help anyone that is involved with the Public Trustee Office or the Adult Guardian Office here in Brisbane.

As I live this on a daily basis with my Mother who I care for, she is 90 years old and I have been caring for her since my father passed away 8 years ago, and this is all about the drama and what I have learned in that time.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 7, 2011

The Funeral

The funeral happened on the Friday in June, my husbands family all attended, my half sister's and there family attended, and no one spoke, the crematorium was full, the front 2 rows were left vacant for myself, husband, my adult children and Mum who was in a wheelchair, my half sisters and there family's behind the front seat, but oh no they had to make a scene that they wanted the front row only, well my husband told them no we were not moving and that was that.
I had made sure that the celebrant doing the funeral made a recording and a printed version of the service, (as I knew my half sister's were going to say things about the service) which did happen, as they reckoned they were not mentioned in the service at all, they did not attend the wake as they told everyone they were not invited to it, but I had arranged also a small wake with tea/coffee/sandwiches etc at the crematorium for those that did not have time to return to the home for the wake.
I was accosted by a man that had been visiting my father for the last 12 months from the RSL welfare section as a companion for 2 hours a week on  Tuesday, this man had changed my fathers Will 3 months earlier before he had died, he started saying at the funeral that he would be around at the house at 9 am the next day Saturday to get all my mothers bank books, financial papers etc, my family on my husband's side intervened and told him this was not the right time or place to be doing this and please leave, he raced right to my half sister and told her I was being uncooperative, gee this was my fathers funeral for gods sake.

The RSL Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment